Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tim Tebow and Senior Bowl

Tim Tebow was obviously the biggest story going into the senior bowl. I thought Tebow would be a gamer and not worry about his mechanics or all the scouts and just play football. Obviously that was not the case. He does not posses any amazing attributes for an NFL quarterback, he looked slow, and unathletic compared to all the other players on the field. I would not draft him unless he would be willing to move to tight end or fullback. I still believe that he will definitely go in the first 2 rounds based on hype alone. Look at a guy like Maruice Clarett, he had major character issues, only one year of college football, poor workouts and he was still drafted in the 3rd round because of his name. If Tebow was more open to a position change, I think it would help his draft stock a lot. I like Tebow's character and work ethic but I just do not see him being successful QB at the NFL level.


Guys that played well at the senior bowl:


DE/OLB Brandon Graham, Michigan - He was absolutely dominate and ended up wining MVP honors. The biggest question about him is his size ( he is only 6'1") but he has had amazing production in college. He is similar to a guy like Elvis Dumervil (5'11") who had a great college career but was not drafted until the 4th round because of his size. Where he will be drafted now: Mid-to-late first rounder.

WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati - I really like Gilyard, and I do not understand why he has not gotten more attention. He put caught 168 receptions and 22 td's in the last two years he has good size (6'1") and has amazing quickness. He is probably the 4th best wide receiver in this years draft. I do not place a high value on wide receivers, but Gilyard can contribute on special teams and is very good at getting yards after the catch. I would consider drafting him early in 2nd round.Where he will be drafted now: 2nd rounder.






No comments:

Post a Comment